CMS WA welcomes new members, as well as current members renewing their membership. To become a member or renew your membership, please fill out the form below. There is currently no charge to become a member.
Membership applications and requests for renewal are referred to the CMS WA Board. All successful applications will be duly informed. If you have become a member, or have renewed your membership, your membership will lapse immediately after the third Annual General Meeting after the CMS WA Board’s approval.
Foundations of Membership
- Members of CMS-WA agree to the
a. Objects of CMS;
b. Principles of CMS-WA;
- Members of CMS-WA commit to
a. praying for missionaries of the wider CMS fellowship;
b. being supporters of CMS-WA and it’s missionaries, assuming they are able;
c. being involved in the activities of CMS-WA;
Objects of CMS:
The objects of CMS Australia are to facilitate the work of the Church Missionary Society through its branches for the coming of God’s kingdom through the proclamation of the gospel of Christ through the world in fellowship with local churches and in particular to:
- send members of branches as missionaries overseas and to North Australia;
- deepen Christian commitment to evangelism and its attendant social responsibilities;
- support missionaries of CMS Australia and their work by prayer, giving and pastoral care;
- engage in cross-cultural evangelism;
- help educate the Australian Church in its responsibilities to mission;
Principles of CMS-WA:
- The Church Missionary Society traces its roots back to the Church Missionary Society of the United Kingdom, founded in 1799.
- The Church Missionary Society is a fellowship of Christian people committed to take part together in world mission. It is a voluntary society of members of the Anglican Church of Australia and other churches, based upon those evangelical and protestant principles of the Church Missionary Society of the United Kingdom from its foundation.
- CMS is a fellowship of Christian people committed to taking part together in world mission. It is a voluntary society of members of the Anglican Church of Australia and other churches, based upon those evangelical and Protestant principles of the Church Missionary Society of the United Kingdom from its foundation.
- CMS Australia (CMS-A) is a company formed by the branches to most effectively further their work.
CMS WA is an Incorporation governed by a constitution which complies with the Western Australia ASSOCIATIONS INCORPORATION ACT 2015. Please feel free to download and read a copy of our constitution.