As a fellowship of Christian people, we are called to glorify God and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world.
Is God calling you to consider becoming a missionary with CMS, or to pray, care, give and learn about missionaries currently serving on the field?
Below are some ideas to encourage you to become more involved in helping to proclaim the gospel through partnering with CMS.
Become a member
Do you want to be part of making a global impact for God’s glory? Becoming a member of CMS is a great way to see that happen. To find out more about becoming a member and why it’s a good idea, click here to get in touch.
Adopt a missionary
You small group can be enriched by adopting a missionary. You can:
- pray for them each week;
- send emails to get specific prayer points and find out their needs;
- share a meal with food from your missionary’s country;
- get a table to the annual CMS dinner and encourage your whole church to participate;
- run an awareness-raising event;
- send cards on their birthdays;
- Skype them during your small group one week;
- or attend Summer Encounter as a group and get your church along too.
Be an advocate
You can do this informally by supporting mission initiatives throughout the church. If you have the time and would like to be more actively involved in getting your church fired up, CMS would love to hear from you!
Support missions in your church
When you’re leading prayers, leading the service or running morning tea/supper, take some time to put a ‘global edge’ on things. It doesn’t have to be a big deal. You can:
- pray for your missionary;
- bring food from your missionary’s country;
- or do a photo display/slideshow from your missionary’s country.
Volunteer with CMS
With a small staff, we’re keen to hear from you if:
- you’re at an age and stage where you have time and skills to offer on a regular basis;
- you have flexibility and can help at certain busy times of the year;
- or you’re keen to help at particularly events.
Let us know so that we can give you a call when the opportunity arises.
If you have an interest or know someone who may be interested in responding to the global need, please be praying and talking with those around you, or make contact with the CMS SANT office to speak to someone about what God may have in store for you.
The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. To view current mission opportunities, click here.