Translators and linguists – North Australia
CMS is committed to partnering with specialist agencies to support Bible translation and the development of resource materials in languages and forms accessible to Indigenous people.
CMS missionaries have been involved in translation projects over many years. Currently, there is further work to be done in Anindilyakwa, Yolngu and many other translations.
CMS is looking for people with:
- linguistic ability
- a willingness to learn and work in Indigenous languages
- a theological degree
- cross-cultural sensitivity
- good listening skills
- strong organisational skills
- a willingness to serve long-term
- availability to travel to communities
- a servant heart
- able to undertake further training in translation work
Enquire about this position
If interested in the above position, please contact your local branch.