Literacy & numeracy teacher – Darwin
CMS if looking for a teacher to support the Foundation Studies Course at Nungalinya College in the Northern Territory. The Foundations Studies Course is a basic literacy and numeracy course that also provides an introduction to study, and an overview of the Bible. At the end of the course, students graduate with a Certificate I in Education and Skills Development.
Students study by mixed mode, meaning they come into the Darwin campus for a four-week intensive and then work on their studies back in their communities throughout the year.
This is a great opportunity to use your literacy and numeracy skills to support the resourcing of students at Nungalinya. It is hard to overstate the need as most students at Nungalinya are required to complete this course before continuing to the higher certificate levels.
CMS is looking for people with:
- at least one year of Bible training
- relevant qualifications in VET and teaching
- current experience teaching in the VET sector
- experience in teaching as part of a team, collaborative planning and distance learning
- flexibility to manage different educational levels, often in the one class, meeting the special needs of the students
- the ability to work in an ecumenical team
- experience in teaching Indigenous adults and understanding of Indigenous culture (desirable but not essential)
Enquire about this position
If interested in the above position, please contact your local branch.