College hosts – Northern Territory
Nungalinya College is a theological college for Indigenous people with a campus in Darwin in the Northern Territory. Students come from remote communities to study by intensive.
They regularly seek college hosts to provide transport to and from the airport or bus depot for students, welcome and settle them into their rooms, act as caretakers, and ensure the safety and security of the premises by locking and unlocking the facilities.
This position would be ideal for either a retired couple wishing to be involved in Indigenous ministry, or individuals wishing to explore Indigenous ministry in the future.
CMS is looking for people with:
- at least one year of theological education (long-term placements)
- experience working with Indigenous people or a desire to explore this in the future
- the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous people
- willingness to work sensitively within an environment that values Indigenous culture and Christian values
- flexibility, patience and good boundaries
- a willingness to learn
- flexibility and the ability to cope with possibly long days on weekends
- a current NT driver’s licence (to be obtained if you hold an interstate one) and a good driving record
- a current first aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
Enquire about this position
If interested in the above position, please contact your local branch.