Current opportunities at CMS Australia
Communications Assistant (Part-time, 3 days)
Do you have editing and writing skills with a passion for cross-cultural mission?
CMS (the Church Missionary Society of Australia) is a fellowship of Christian people committed to cross-cultural mission. CMS works in partnership with local churches to set apart long-term workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
CMS Australia is currently seeking a communications assistant to work in the Sydney CBD office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Communications Team producing print and digital publications that engage members and supporters of CMS.
Skills & Attributes
- Commitment to the Christian vision and values of CMS
- A sharp eye for detail with experience in editing and proofreading publications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to write, edit, and relate to diverse audiences using a variety of media
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in journalism and/or written communications (especially in the publishing area)
- Helpful, friendly and professional customer service skills with good problem-solving ability and willingness to be flexible
- Organised, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision
- Experience with any of the following would be an advantage – Adobe InDesign, WordPress and social media.
Your application should include a covering letter addressing the above criteria, a résumé, at least three references including one from your church minister, and samples of recent written work.
Applications close Friday 1 March.
Send your application to:
The Communications Coordinator
PO Box 20095,
World Square NSW 2002
To view opportunities with your local CMS branch, select your branch from the list in the top right corner of the website.
Volunteer with your CMS branch
Perhaps you have time and skills that you could offer your nearest CMS branch. There are a lot of things that wouldn’t get done without the help of volunteers. We need people to help with:
- Office and admin tasks, e.g. data entry and filing
- Mail outs to members
- Conferences and events
- Maintenance tasks
There are all kinds of things that need to be done! If you would like to find out more about how you could help, contact your local CMS branch.