Current opportunities at CMS Australia
Graphic Designer (Full-time)
Do you have graphic design, web and communications skills with a passion for cross-cultural mission?
CMS (the Church Missionary Society of Australia) is a fellowship of Christian people committed to cross-cultural mission. CMS works in partnership with local churches to set apart long-term workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
CMS Australia is currently seeking a graphic designer based in the Sydney CBD. The successful candidate will work as part of the CMS Australia communications team.
- Layout, design and produce a variety of publications in close collaboration with others in a small team
- Develop and maintain communications (artwork and/or copy), including materials for the CMS website
- Follow multiple design briefs to scheduled deadlines, with creativity, intuition and methodical attention to detail
- Advise, assist and collaborate with CMS missionaries and CMS branch office staff in their communications
- Research and source appropriate visuals and photographs for publication, and maintain the CMS visual archives
- Uphold the CMS Corporate Style Guide, and maintain consistency of design style from previous communications.
Skills & attributes
- Commitment to the Christian vision and values of CMS
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to design and write for a variety of audiences
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in graphic design, web design and/or digital communications
- Design intuition and creativity, with experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and MS Office software
- Helpful, friendly and professional customer service skills with good problem-solving ability and willingness to be flexible
- Organised, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision
Your application should include a covering letter addressing the above criteria, a résumé, at least three references including one from your church minister, and portfolio with samples of recent work.
Send your application to:
The Communications Coordinator
To view opportunities with your local CMS branch, select your branch from the list in the top right corner of the website.
Volunteer with your CMS branch
Perhaps you have time and skills that you could offer your nearest CMS branch. There are a lot of things that wouldn’t get done without the help of volunteers. We need people to help with:
- Office and admin tasks, e.g. data entry and filing
- Mail outs to members
- Conferences and events
- Maintenance tasks
There are all kinds of things that need to be done! If you would like to find out more about how you could help, contact your local CMS branch.