Current opportunities at CMS Australia
Assistant Company Secretary
Temporary fixed-term, full-time position in the Sydney CBD
Christian missionary organisation
Do you have a heart for cross-cultural mission?
CMS (the Chuch Missionary Society of Australia) is a fellowship of Christian people committed to cross-cultural mission. CMS works in partnership with local churches to set apart long-term workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
CMS Australia is currently seeking an Assistant Company Secretary based in the Sydney CBD. The successful candidate will work as part of the CMS-Australia Business Administration Team.
- Assist the Company Secretary of CMS-A, in liaising with the Chairman in respect of the circulation of Board papers, Minutes, Chairs report, and relevant policies.
- Assist the Chairs of Board Committees by acting as committee secretary: Audit and Risk Committee, Governance and Nominations Committee, Constitution Working Group, and other nominated committees
- Oversee the management and administration of all physical arrangements for the meetings of the Board, CMS-A Board Committees, and Federal Council
- Assist the Company Secretary in meeting governance requirements, as required by the Corporations Act, CMS-A Constitution, ACNC and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
- Assists in various business admin duties as required
Skills & Attributes
- Strong commitment to the Christian vision and values of CMS, with a passion for worldwide mission and active participation with your local evangelical church;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to gather and synthesis information
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision
- Relates well to a range of people with good problem-solving ability and willingness to be flexible
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, office administration
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience with corporate governance roles
- Prior experience with supporting Board and familiar with putting together Board papers, agendas, minutes and other Company Secretarial matters is preferred.
Read a detailed position description here.
Your application should include a covering letter, addressing the above criteria; a résumé; at least three references, including one from your church minister.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Assistant Company Secretary’ in the subject line.
Applications will close end of May.
To view opportunities with your local CMS branch, select your branch from the list in the top right corner of the website.
Volunteer with your CMS branch
Perhaps you have time and skills that you could offer your nearest CMS branch. There are a lot of things that wouldn’t get done without the help of volunteers. We need people to help with:
- Office and admin tasks, e.g. data entry and filing
- Mail outs to members
- Conferences and events
- Maintenance tasks
There are all kinds of things that need to be done! If you would like to find out more about how you could help, contact your local CMS branch.