Profile : Philippines

Region: South East Asia
Capital: Manila
Population: 102,624,209
Area: 300,000
GDP per capita: $3500.00
Religions: Catholic 82.9%, Muslim 5%, Other Christian 9.6%
Languages: Tagalog and English

Description

The Philippine archipelago is made up of more than 7,100 tropical islands.

The Filipino people are of Malayan origin, but have had centuries of contact with other nationalities including Chinese, Spanish and American. As such the Philippines presents a meeting point of Eastern and Western cultures.

Numerous ethnic groups make up the Philippines including Tagalogs, Cebuanos, Ilocanos and Bicolanos.

Prayer Points

  • Pray for continued peace and stability. Militant groups struggle against the government and threaten peace and order.
  • The Philippine church is growing. About 9% of the population are Evangelical. Pray that these believers will be passionate about reaching the other 91% for Jesus Christ.
  • Pray that God will raise up leaders for the growing church and for the provision of training for these leaders.

Subscribe

Receive regular mission updates

OurMissionaries

Paul and Sandra *
Serving in France

MissionNews

Domestic Workers in Singapore

Opportunities

Explore mission opportunities

Pray Give Join