What is Summer School?
A great way to kickstart the year, CMS Summer School is an annual mission-focused evangelical Christian conference held at beautiful North Tamborine by the Qld with Northern NSW branch.
It's your opportunity to begin the year by being refreshed and challenged with fantastic Bible teaching from Glenn Davies, CMS Australian President and Archbishop of Sydney. Learn about Ministry in North Australia with Greg Anderson, former CMS missionary and Bishop of the Northern Territory. Build your passion for mission with missiologist David Williams, former missionary and CMS Training and Development Secretary and get to meet missionaries serving in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Oceania or South America. Enjoy stimulating electives on mission-related topics. Plus, meet old friends and new!
TAKE A PHOTO & WIN!
Get together with your family, friends or church group. Take a photo holding up a sign that says STRANGERS IN _______________
Fill in your location and post it on our Facebook page or Instagram #cmsstrangersin. The winner(s) will receive free registration to CMS Summer School 2016! Entries close on 2 November 2015.
CLICK ON PICTURE BELOW TO REGISTER
Important: If your family is larger than 3, book the Big Family Deal below.
BIG FAMILY DEAL REGISTRATION
Families are charged $700 for up to 2 adults and unlimited children. If you only have one child, this is not the deal for you. It is cheaper to register through the standard registration above, by clicking on REGISTER NOW.
DATE TO REMEMBER - 15 December 2015
- Registrations will CLOSE ON 15 December 2015 (YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER AS A DAY VISITOR AFTER THIS DATE)
- Accommodation can’t be booked after 15 December 2015 or during Summer School
- Meals can’t be booked after 15 December 2015 or during Summer School
- Registration for Youth and Children’s Program CLOSES (if not already FULL). (Registration for the Youth and Children’s Program will be on a first in first served basis before this date, based on the number of leaders we have to care for your children).
GUEST SPEAKERS FOR SUMMER SCHOOL 2016
- Bible teacher: Glenn Davies - Sydney’s Anglican Archbishop has extensive Christian ministry & leadership experience. He's authored biblical commentaries and is an engaging speaker.
- Former CMS missionary to NT: Greg Anderson - as Bishop of Northern Territory, he brings a wealth of experience in training Indigenous church leaders and has headed the mission department at a leading theological college.
- Missiologist: David Williams - As a former missionary and CMS Training and Development Secretary, David will help you build your passion for mission.
YOUTH AND CHILDREN AT SUMMER SCHOOL 2016
- Inspiring and enriching Youth and Children’s Program: The program offers children and young people age-appropriate Bible teaching and activities with an exciting mission focus. It caters for children age 3 to Grade 12 and a crèche is available for children age 0-2.
- Bible teaching for Grades 7-12: As part of the Youth and Children’s Program there will be daily bible teaching for kids in Grades 7-12, by Danny Mitchell (Youth Pastor Arundel Presbyterian).
- Young Adult Reflection Group: This group is for those young adults (who have completed year 12 in 2015 up to those in their early 20s). The group meets daily in the auditorium, following the Bible study. An experienced facilitator leads the reflection session.
- Apprentice Leader Program: Do you have a child that will complete Grade 12 (or equivalent) in 2015 and is no longer eligible to register into our Youth and Children’s Program? This year they can become an Apprentice Leader in the Youth and Children’s Program. For further information please contact Mat English on .
STEPS TAKEN TO KEEP COSTS DOWN FOR 2016
- There is NO daily surcharge (previously $6 a day) for people staying off-site/day visitors
- Despite cost increases for running Summer School, sessions are only $2 extra per person.
ACCOMMODATION FOR SUMMER SCHOOL 2016
There are four accommodation options available to you for Summer School: book an individual bed, book a whole room, camp on a powered or unpowered site, book your own accommodation off site.
- Do you require a whole room for a family or group booking?
If you require a whole room for a family or group e.g. friends, you can book a private room at:
WEC: $685 total price for the five nights of Summer School (bed configuration is 3 lower bunks and 3 upper bunks, with ensuite). Please note that the rooms have 6 beds and not 8 beds as per other advertising. The price is for 6 beds.
Pioneers: $275 total price for the five nights of Summer School (bed configuration is 1 bed and an upper and a lower bunk, with shared facilities)
The cost must be paid for by one individual and you can arrange other people (up to room maximum occupancy) to stay with you or have the room to yourself.
- Do you require an Individual bed?
Individual beds are allocated on a first come basis and are in single sex rooms, in bunk style accommodation. If you have problems getting into a top bunk, please let us know. If you wish to book a whole room at CMS or Camp Tamborine, you will be required to pay for all beds in the room. No discounts are offered. Child aged 3 and under is free, using their own cot.
Individual beds will be available to book at:
CMS - $18 per person per night
Camp Tamborine - $21 per person per night (self catering facilities available)
Camp Panorama - $30 per person per night*
*Camp Panorama accommodation caters for people with limited mobility. As most guests are unable to access top bunks, ALL guests are allocated a bottom bunk. (There is no additional charge for the extra top bunks in your room). For people staying at Camp Panorama and booking meals, you will eat in the Camp Panorama dining room. Costs have increased by $5 per night, so that we are able to maintain meal service in the dining room and vacant top bunks in your room.
Powered sites are $35 per night (for the first 1-2 people) extra guest aged 4 and over $6 per night.
Unpowered sites are $30 per night (for the first 1-2 people) extra guest aged 4 and over $5 per night.
Child 3 and under are free.
No camp kitchen is available on the camp grounds and people should bring all their own equipment.
Reserving your preferred sites: To secure your preferred accommodation choice, please book and pay early. We will do our best to process your specific requests for a preferred room or campsite, but no guarantee can be given.
- Staying offsite? For offsite accommodation, you may like to contact Tourist Information www.tamborinemtncc.org.au. For those staying offsite, you are welcome to book meals onsite should you wish to do so, but please book them on or before December 15th 2015. To assist our caterers, we will not be taking meal bookings during Summer School.
WHY COME TO SUMMER SCHOOL?
Here's why people were looking forward to coming to Summer School in 2015...
WHAT DO PEOPLE SAY ABOUT SUMMER SCHOOL?
Here are just a few quotes from people who were at the last CMS Summer School...
"Excellent, excellent, excellent! Great biblical teaching, that challenges us about our relationship with God and mission. Great fellowship and indepth discussion." - Maxine, Northern NSW - coming to Summer School since 1986
"Personally it’s fantastic – an eye-opening view of how the gospel is working across the globe. It’s really helpful for me as a minister, and shows the need for gospel proclamation." - Dan, senior minister of a Brisbane church
"We love the children’s program, and like being able to have the week away from the rat race and catch up with Christian friends. It’s great to set priorities right for the start of the year." - Richard & Belinda, Brisbane - four years on Summer School
"The best part of Summer School was meeting so many other people. This makes me feel included. Everyone has been so friendly. Plus I’ve enjoyed all the talks." - Lorraine, Brisbane - first time on Summer School
"It’s great to meet with people who have the same beliefs. There are no Christian teenagers where I live." - Bea, aged 15, Northern NSW
"This is the only place where we can hear from so many missionaries about their experiences, hopes, dreams and struggles." - Peter, Brisbane
If you have questions about CMS Summer School, email or phone (07) 3112 6530. We'd love to see you there!
Missed out on the last CMS Summer School? Catch stimulating Bible talks on the Book of Revelation and more! Download the Summer School AV Order Form for videos, MP3 and CDs here