St Andrew's Hall
Information for Missionaries in Training
St Andrew’s Hall is home to CMS’s Development and Training Team. We are located in Parkville, close to many parts of multi–cultural Melbourne.
The St Andrew’s Hall course runs for five months full–time. Participants deepen their understanding of the gospel and the biblical basis for mission. They develop intellectual, spiritual and practical skills for communicating the gospel across cultures, and acquaint themselves with their countries and ministries of destination. We aim to equip, stimulate and resource CMS missionaries for life-long professional and missiological development.
Areas of learning:
• Inculture: A course in practical anthropology, cultural understanding, cross cultural communication and transition
• Inmission: An integrated course covering missiology, world faiths, spiritual worldviews and contextualisation
• Encounter: The practical issues of working and living in another culture – relationships, schooling, health, security, transport, housing, food, etc
• CMS: CMS history and philosophy, its policies and guidelines, communication and deputation
• Maximum Impact Language Learning
• Spiritual, personal and relational development.
The time at St Andrew's Hall is about the spiritual, practical, personal and academic formation of the people who are here – equipping heads, hands and hearts. It is not so much about what you know, but about what you become under God.
190 The Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052
Office ph: 03 9388 1663